TravelBank, the award-winning business travel & expense system that everyone loves, is looking for an Associate Travel Consultant to join our growing team. We are backed by industry-leading funds NEA, Accel, and Dreamers VC (family fund for actor Will Smith).
We're disrupting the travel & expense software industry and are working with the top companies and entrepreneurs in the valley. You'll be joining an experienced team that has successfully launched, grew, and exited venture-funded businesses. In 2019, TravelBank was voted one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
You will be working with the Travel Operations Manager. Your primary responsibility is to ensure our most valued customers have a seamless journey and amazing service experience.
This will include: Support Travel Operations team through quick and efficient processing of important agent day to day items. Examples may include but are not limited to;
- Creating Travel itinerary data entry and confirmations
- Creating passive segments and invoices for travel confirmations
- Assisting with air, hotel, travel cancellations
- Creating and maintaining traveler profiles
- Supporting our customers including purchasing premium seats, adding Frequent Flier numbers, etc.
- Providing key support for our Travel Consultant team
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy of work quality
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done; strong sense of ownership and advocacy for customer interests: operate with a sense of urgency, prioritization, and creative problem-solving skills to resolve customer travel support issues
- Work well under pressure and effectively multi-task with a positive, friendly attitude, including complex or lengthy requests
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ensures optimum customer service capabilities through the effective use of chat, email, and phone systems; achieves individual and contractual service level goals related to quality and productivity
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience
- Minimum 1+ years of data entry experience
- Experience with GDS systems a strong bonus but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (must be able to speak English clearly)
- “Startup mindset”: willing to roll up your sleeve, do what it takes to get a job done well
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment (chat, phone, and email)
- Good time management skills and proficient with numbers
- Highly detail-oriented
- A strong team player who would be comfortable working in a cross-functional environment
**This is a contractor position that can be remote work, if need be. This may be full-time or part-time (at least 30 hours per week). Subject to individual performance, there is a strong potential to convert to a full-time employee hire over time.
Salary commensurate with experience. Offer contingent upon successful final reference check.